Millions of people from all around the world say they want to go to Santorini on holiday at least once in their lifetime. The island has become a phenomenon, with its impressive volcano and villages with cave houses which shimmer on the edge of the Caldera. Santorini is a dream island, with five star hotels where the pools and Jacuzzis reflect the volcano, where private dining has become an institution and where unforgettable weddings are held. And on top of this, the island is also home to the prehistoric settlement of Akrotiri, the sunset from the castle (Goula) in Oia, volcanic beaches, wonderful wines and unique local products so it is easy to understand why Santorini is recognised every year as one of the best destinations in the world!
- The volcano – the Nea and Plaia Kameni islands.
- The villages on the Caldera - Fira (the capital of the island), Firostefani, Imerovigli, Oia.
- The prehistoric settlement of Akrotiri.
- Ancient Thera, which was founded in the 9th century BC.
- The museums: the Museum of Prehistoric Thira, the Archaeological Museum, the Nautical Museum, the Folklore Museum, etc.
- The famous volcanic beaches with beach bars: -Kamari, Perivolos-Perissa, Vlychada, Red Beach, White Beach and Monolithos etc.
- The inland villages: Pyrgos, Akrotiri, Foinikia, Mesa Gonia, Emporio (with its exceptional castle (goula).
- The wineries which are open to visitors.
- A boat trip in the Caldera.
Detailed information can be found at www.santorini.gr